>

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yummy Recipes to Try

We have begun to get a bountiful basket each week and I am now excited about the unique/things I haven't eaten before. One week we got butternut squash and I have never had this before. From what I read it is just like potatoes, but better for diabetics. Since Nate is diabetic I thought great I am craving funeral potatoes and we'll try it out. I went onto food network online to find a recipe. I found this one here and modified it. I used 2 butternut squashes and a head of cauliflower all diced up. I boiled the butternut squash first. I also used 16 oz of sour creme and half an onion. I also added garlic. It turned out great. Nate even liked it, which is rare when I experiment.



Another week we got limes and mangos. So I found this recipe and tweeked it.   Here is the original I got again from the food network site. I used 2 fresh mangos, but instead of the yogurt I used mint chocolate chip ice-cream. It was wonderful. The girls didn't care for it, but Nate and I did.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Shayne and Amber Hoskins said...

Those recipes look yummy! I co-vsc the holt arena site for bountiful baskets here and I love it! In fact I am in charge tomorrow:) I get very excited when I hear of other people enjoying it as much as I do! Keep the good recipes coming!